Careers and Vacancies
Current Vacancy: Production Planning Engineer
Engineering Precision Solutions / Bradford Cylinders
Production Planning Engineer
EPS is a rapidly developing Engineering Company servicing the Industrial manufacturing sector, we retain the original IP for all product and equipment previously manufactured by BRADFORD CYLINDERS, UNITED STATES METALIC PACKING Co (U.S.M.P.) RW TRANSMISSIONS (RWT), RW GEAR (RWG), BANNER INDUSTRIAL TRANSMISSIONS & ENGINEERING (B.I.T.E) we specialise in the design and manufacture of Industrial Hydraulic & Pneumatic Cylinders, Gears, Gearbox, Couplings, Spindles & Transmission units and all associated Equipment.
We operate from 2 UK manufacturing facilities where we service both OEM & end users in the UK and overseas markets.
Reporting to the Production Manager the successful candidate will be an experienced Planning Engineer with a dynamic personality who will be responsible for the preparation and control of detailed manufacturing process documentation. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for controlling production through our manufacturing facility to ensure deadlines met.
This role will be a high-profile appointment within the company and is an integral part of the strategic goal to expand the business. You will be proactively focused on improving our production performance and completing initiatives within the company, contributing to our primary aim to be the best supplier, employer and customer within our industry.
The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical engineering background, in an associated engineering field. You will be open to product training, career progression and continued self–development to reach personal & business goals.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE
- Liaise with both Sales and Technical departments to determine exact customer requirements.
- Produce detailed route cards to aid the efficient flow of precision components though our manufacturing facility.
- Develop production schedules detailing all tasks and when they should be completed to meet a predicted completion date.
- Monitor works orders on a continual basis to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee subcontract activities from order placement to delivery of finished product service.
- Collect and assess data about production performance.
- Troubleshoot problems that may occur during the manufacturing process.
ABOUT YOU – MINIMUM QUALFICATIONS
- A dynamic personality with at least 5 years’ experience as a Production/Planning Engineer with strong knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Self-Motivated but with an ability to work within a team environment
- Apprentice trained mechanical engineer qualified to H N C level. We would also actively encourage applications from individuals holding less formal qualifications who have the ability to demonstrate a proven track record in a similar position.
- Effective communicator with strong presentational skills.
- Full driving licence would be advantageous.
- Highly competitive package
- Holidays 25 Statutory plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
Point of Contact in first Instance:
We always welcome CV’s from engineering machinists particularly with small volume manufacturing experience.