The Orelia is a 7,260 Tonne unique diving support vessel with exceptionally low roll characteristics and low profile being one in a fleet of 28 vessels with a further 4 vessels currently under construction she is operated by Technip a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry, active in three business segments: Subsea, Offshore and Onshore infrastructures employing some 36,500 people.
To overhaul six, 1215 HP Tacke Azimuth thruster gearboxes during a scheduled dry docking-: OEM manufacturing drawings would not be available,
• To develop a detailed plan prior to docking to comply with all QHSE requirements.
• Remove the gearboxes from the vessel and ship to UK.
• To dismantle, clean, dimensional inspect, NDT and report.
• Review the findings and finalize work scope.
• Assemble, test run.
• Transport back to the vessel.
• Install and carry out alignment whilst dry docked.
• Final alignment and test run with vessel afloat.
The quality, inspection and test plans included hold positions to allow Engineers from Technip to witness key strategic points within the work scope.
The project was delivered within the allocated timescale, when installed the gearboxes accurately interfaced with all equipment on site and are fully operational.
Other Case Studies
Cyrus announce new opening of engineering factory in South Wales. Cyrus Bradford are delighted to announce the opening of a new production site in Briton
Our customers manufacture products in a wide range of materials. Requiring well maintained accurate process equipment to deliver consistent quality product. Cyrus – Bradford are